Traffic Light Sandwich
Who doesn’t love getting in the kitchen with the kids? If you’re looking for some inspiration and a great way to talk about road safety with your little ones you must try our fun Traffic Light Sandwich recipe.
Items you will need:
- 2 slices of bread butter or margarine
- Sliced tomato
- Grated carrot
- Lettuce leaf (or sliced cucumber or gherkin)
- A small round cutter
Then follow these steps :
- Butter both slices of your bread.
- Use a small round cutter (about the size of a 50 cent piece) and cut out three holes from one slice of bread. Make sure they are in a line just like a traffic light.
- Put your sliced tomato in top third of the full bread slice; the carrot in the middle third and lettuce in the bottom third.
- Now put the piece of bread with the holes on top so you can see the carrot, cheese and lettuce peeping through – just like a traffic light!
Voila – we hope you enjoy eating your yummy, colourful sandwich!