- Fixed term contract to December 31 2021
- Part-time – 20 hours/week
- Salary - $42.48 to $46.27 per hour dependent on qualifications and experience
- Aboriginality is considered a genuine occupational qualification for this role under Section 50D of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA)
About Playgroup WA
Playgroup WA is the Peak Body for playgroups in Western Australia. Initially founded to support the growth of parent/carer run playgroups, Playgroup WA now supports and delivers a wide variety of volunteer and professional playgroup models and services, including supported playgroups, to diverse communities across the WA.
About the Role
We are looking for a dynamic Aboriginal Playgroup Coordinator to work with our Aboriginal Playgroup team to coordinate Aboriginal playgroups in various locations within WA. If you are excited by the opportunity to contribute to healthy outcomes for Aboriginal families with young children in playgroups, we would love to hear from you. The position involves some travel within regional WA usually for several days at a time. The Aboriginal Playgroup Coordinator will be based at our office in North Perth and will:
- Manage and coordinate operational and contractual activities associated with the provision of developmentally and culturally appropriate family playgroups in various regional WA locations
- Supervise, support and mentor Aboriginal playgroup facilitators in facilitating playgroups and supporting families
- Liaise with a range of organisation including Aboriginal Corporation sub-contractors
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in community capacity building and culturally appropriate service delivery for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and their young children
- Understanding of contextual issues facing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and communities
- Strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills
- Capacity and experience in building collaborative working relationship with stakeholders
- Skills in managing and developing staff
- Knowledge of early childhood development and the importance of play
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications
How to Apply
Please refer to the Position Description here.
For further information please contact Chris Hawkes at Playgroup WA on 08 9228 8088.
Please forward your cover letter, resume and a brief statement of claims against the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Thursday 30 July 2020.