Why join Playgroup WA
Are you or your playgroup looking to join Playgroup WA?
Playgroup WA is the peak body for playgroups in WA, overseeing their development, advocating, and supporting their operations. We aim for playgroups to be inclusive and accessible to everyone and help families to find the right playgroup for you.
Playgroup WA offers support to a range of community, parent-led playgroups across WA, as well as facilitating funded, supported playgroups, and manages projects for the benefit of the playgroup community.
Playgroup WA annual membership covers your whole family and you can go to as many playgroups or sessions as you like under the one membership.
The Playgroup WA annual family membership fee is $35 (Concession Card $15). Additionally, playgroups collect their own fees (paid weekly, quarterly or annually) to cover any their running costs ie. venue hire; consumables and other supplies. Most playgroups in WA cost less than $5 per week for a family.
Playgroup WA offers its members:
- Comprehensive Insurance cover. Your Playgroup WA Family Membership fee includes insurance that covers playgroup property, personal accident and public liability for playgroup families and the playgroup. All families and the playgroup itself must be registered with Playgroup WA for the insurance cover to be effective. It give peace of mind for you and your family at playgroup.
- Free community events and workshops - we host and support a range of events, including large-scale community play events, local community play days and support your playgroup open days.
- Support and tools for the running of your playgroup from our experienced team members.
- Playgroup WA Development Officers provide our playgroups with advice on child development through play, fundraising, applying for grants, committee handovers, finding new members, venue management, AGMs and more.
- Play activity ideas - evidence-based, age appropriate play ideas are provided on our social media, newsletters, website and given directly to playgroups.
- Competitions, discounts and giveaways for family activities and items from our partners, sponsors and advertisers.
- Newsletters - Access to Playgroup WA’s newsletters full of fun play ideas, news and giveaways.
- Playgroup WA Hotline for referrals to playgroups and assistance finding the playgroup that’s right for you, as well as other support. It's important for playgroups to stay connected and keep us up to date on your session availability so we know how best to refer to your playgroup.
- Playgroup WA website Find a Playgroup function - this search function on our website lists all playgroups registered with Playgroup WA. We promote this to the public and it is frequently used by families looking to join a playgroup.
- Playgroup WA website has a range of information and resources to explore on parenting, playgroups and more.
- Communications with members and playgroup leaders - News and information updates are emailed directly to playgroup members and leaders. This includes practical information and opportunities of interest to families with young children.
- Grant opportunities - Lotterywest grant opportunities to support your playgroup.
- Partnerships and research opportunities - We partner with government departments, organisations and universities on projects which support positive child development, health and safety, wellbeing, and community building. This can include having free speakers and other free resources available to playgroup members, for the benefit of families.
- Promotion and referrals for playgroups in the community. We have a Noticeboard and Events Calendar on our website where you can advertise your playgroup, including session availability and upcoming events. We can also promote your playgroup, events and stories through our social media and newsletters.
“Playgroup WA you provide a unique and wonderful opportunity for the children and caregivers of WA to connect, slow down and enjoy childhood. Thank you for providing this essential service.”
For more information please call us on 1800 171 882 or email us and ask to speak to one of our Development Officers.
To read more about the benefits of playgroup visit Why Join Playgroup.