Playgroup WA currently have the following opportunities available:
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference by working for a dynamic not-for-profit organisation? Playgroup WA (Inc) is looking for an experienced Finance Officer to join our friendly team. This flexible, part-time position (22.5 hours per week) requires an experienced payroll and accounts person who can be an important member of our team to take ownership of our payroll and general accounts services.
Reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager, tasks will include but are not limited to payroll processing, accounts data entry, reporting internally and externally, intermediate use of Excel, membership income processing, answering staff and client queries and providing general finance and administration assistance. Our ideal candidate will be someone who can hit the ground running and would suit someone with all round Bookkeeping Experience.
Interested applicants will be expected to demonstrate the following skills:
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Well developed knowledge and at least 5 years experience in using MYOB and or Xero accounting software
- Previous experience with Payroll and banking systems
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Excel.
- High level of attention to detail and the ability to achieve deadlines
The ideal candidate will have:
- A well developed knowledge of and at least 5 years experience in using MYOB and or Xero accounting software for the processing and reporting of accounts transactions.
- Experience in running payroll on MYOB and or Xero for 30+ staff (non-salary), reading timesheets, knowledge of interpretation and application of the appropriate award, penalty rates, flexi time and dealing with staff and management queries.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft office suite of products, with intermediate skills in Excel in the use and generation of spreadsheets.
- Experience in data entry and a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and be accountable for the regular and accurate management and completion of such.
- Strong organisation, administration and time management skills.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills.
In your covering letter please confirm your availability for each day of the week, state what remuneration you are seeking, whether you are currently employed, what notice period you are required to give and address the selection criteria as outlined above.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Applications close 6pm Sunday 3rd November 2019.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Click here for full Position Description.