Start Date: 2019-10-28 | End Date: 2019-11-01
Bring a Grandparent to Playgroup Week is Playgroup WA’s annual celebration of the important role seniors play in our families and communities.
Each year we hold a great competition among all our playgroups! For more information on how to enter your playgroup click here.
While we know many grandparents and other special seniors already attend playgroup, we thought it was a good idea to celebrate the many wonderful ways grandparents inspire, nurture and play with our very own Bring a Grandparent to Playgroup Week.
So during Bring a Grandparent to Playgroup Week (commencing Monday, 28th October) we want playgroups to invite grandparents and/or other special seniors along to playgroup for some great fun and excitement!
Bring a Grandparent to Playgroup Week is a time to celebrate with your family, make contact with your extended family and friends, and share in the enjoyment of family activities within the wider community.
If your playgroup is keen to get involved but not sure what to do here are some fun ideas:
– Host a morning tea
– Have a barbeque or sausage sizzle
– Enjoy an outdoors picnic
– Ask the children to put on an artwork display – they can colour in or paint the pictures we have in our resource pack (below) or could even do paintings of some of their favourite things to do with their grandparents/significant senior in their life
– Invite grandparents for a story sharing session at playgroup or involve them in your playgroup story time
– Halloween Themed Session: as the week is also held during Halloween you could have a special theme or dress up on the day
– Create a My Family Book activity to present to their grandparents during their visit to playgroup
During Bring a Grandparent to Playgroup Week you can even celebrate at home with your family. You could, for example, take an extra 15 minutes a day to talk, listen and connect with your family and talk about the important role seniors play in your family’s life or sit down and do a family tree craft activity.
Download our Bring a Grandparent to PGWA PDF Resources Pack here.
You can obtain more information about Bring a Grandparent to Playgroup Week by phoning Alicia Harlow, Playgroup WA Development Officer and Bring a Grandparent to Playgroup Week Co-Ordinator’ on 1800 171 882 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your playgroup name, email and/or telephone number.