First 1000 Days – For Playgroups
What is the First 1000 Days at Playgroup project?
The First 1000 Days at Playgroup project is a two year pilot project that aims to connect and support families in their local communities from the start of their pregnancy journey, supporting the transition from pregnancy to birth and the early years.
This project funded by Lotterywest will initially be running in the northern suburbs of Perth and the southwest region.
Benefits to existing playgroups and their community
• Engagement with your community
• Promotion for your playgroup
• More playgroup sessions
• Potential committee members
• Enhanced connections with services and support agencies
• Connecting pregnant families with local playgroups
Playgroup WA has dedicated Community Engagement Officers who are available to offer support and guidance for playgroup committees looking to start a First 1000 Days session at their playgroup.
To start a session your playgroup will need to:
• Contact Playgroup WA and speak to a Community Engagement Officer
• Engage with interested families
– Use your Facebook page
– Promote via Playgroup WA’s website and social media
• Liaise with your Community Engagement Officer about choosing an appropriate day and time for the group to meet (attend the session would be beneficial)
• Provide information about your playgroup
Our team is available to guide you and help along the way!
For more information please contact the team at
email@example.com or call 1800 171 882 and they’ll be happy to talk you through the steps involved.