Playgroup Perfect Cupcakes
The kitchen is a great place for children to develop their sense of taste, smell and touch. This simple cupcake recipe is perfect to get all kids involved in making something together as they can do their own individual cupcakes!
What you need:
- A bowl and a teaspoon for each child
- Self-raising flour
- Soft margarine
- Milk/egg mixture: mix 1 x egg to 150mls of milk (to make approximately 12 cakes)
- Paper patty cases, with each child’s name written on it
What you do:
1.Pre-heat oven to 180c
2.Each child needs their own teaspoon and small bowl (or equivalent) for mixing the ingredients.
Each individual cupcake requires
– 1 tablespoon self-raising flour
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 1 teaspoon soft margarine
– 1 tablespoon of egg mixture
3. Put all the ingredients into each child’s individual tub to mix! For older children, you can encourage them to put the ingredients in their own individual tubs.
4. Mix well and spoon into their paper patty case.
5. Bake on a tray for 12-15 minutes at 180 degrees C.
6. Allow the cakes to cool slightly then serve up for a delicious morning tea!