Top tips for a successful committee handover
Heading into the second half of the year is a good time to plan a ‘wind up’ meeting to hand over records, bank details and change account signatories. If the playgroup is incorporated it is a good idea to arrange a meeting for the outgoing playgroup committee to hand over to the incoming committee soon after your Annual General Meeting when the new committee positions have been determined.
- At the handover meeting, allow time for outgoing people to hand over relevant written information to their replacement
- All designated positions should include a clear job description. Example job descriptions can be found in Section 7 of the Playgroup WA Manual. These can be adapted to suit your playgroup.
- Check all finances are in order
- If the forms for changing signatories at the bank have not yet been completed, this meeting is a good time to do so
- List the names, addresses and phone numbers of both outgoing and incoming committee members
- Set a date for the new committee’s first meeting
- Be sure to update committee details on the Playgroup WA portal by following Step 4 of the Online Membership Portal instructions.
Don’t forget, all our helpful resources for committee members can be found on our website here.